How to buy a plot in DHA City Karachi
For the balloting of commercial and residential plots in DHA City Karachi, the categories of applicants are defined, and each category has a certain eligibility criterion. Any applicants matching the eligibility was included for balloting of plots.
- Category A – Army
- Category B – Retired Armed Forces Officers
- Category C – AFNS / Mujahid
- Category H – Def Est
- Category F – Senior Citizen
- Category G – Disabled / Handicapped
- Category I – Civilian Govt Officers
- Category J – Civilian including Overseas Pakistanis
- Category K – Staff (Half Benefit)
- Category S – Staff (Full Benefit)
Whosoever is interested in buying a plot in DHA City Karachi (DCK), he/she has to pay the amount by following method:
- All DCK plots have been sold on a 10-20-year installment basis, and within the same time frame, hence their installments are nearly the same. After the initial down payment which was paid in November 2009, installments started in Jan 2010.
- Installments are collected on a quarterly basis for the civilian Category (10 years plan) and half yearly for Army Category (20 year plan). Till December 2013, there have been 16 installments due for Civilian Category and 8 installments due for Army Category.
- The actual price can be checked in the payment schedule, allowing to calculate the remaining amount, already paid to the DHA plus the price premium which is known as ON money. After the transfer of the plot, the remaining installment will be paid by the new buyer to DHA on quarterly or half yearly installments (depending on category).
SIZES AND SECTORS
Following are the sizes and the sectors in which they are available.
- 125 Square Yards (Sector 14A, 14B)
- 200 Square Yards (Sector 3B, 4E, 6D, 9C, 11E, 13A, 13B, 13C)
- 300 Square Yards (Sector 2A, 2B, 2C, 4A, 4B, 4C, 6D, 9C, 11E, 13F, 14B)
- 500 Square Yards (Sector 2D, 3A, 3B, 4D, 4E, 5, 6A, 6B, 6C, 7, 8C, 8D, 9A, 9B, 9D, 10A, 10B, 10C, 10D, 11A, 11B, 11C, 11D, 12A, 12B, 12C, 12D, 13D, 13E, 14C, 14D, 15A, 15B, 15C, 16B, 17 )
- 1000 Square Yards (Sector 4D, 5D, 7C, 8A, 10E, 15D, 16A, 16D)
- 2000 Square Yards (Sector 8A, 8B, 10E, 11D, 15A, 16C)
New Balloted Plots
Following are the Newly Balloted Plots
- 125 Square Yards
- 250 Square Yards
- 300 Square Yards
- 500 Square Yards
- 600 Square Yards
- 1000 Square Yards
WHO CAN BUY THE PLOT?
Following type of transfers are allowed for DHA City Karachi Property Transaction. Buying plots in DCK is open to all:
- Transfer of Plot – Normal
- Transfer of Plot – Hiba Zabani Bila Ewaz
- Transfer of Plot – Legal Heirs
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS:
DHA City Karachi membership is required for the buying of plots. For civilians, there is Category B (Membership-Type) with total membership cost of PKR. 60,500. Membership form can be downloaded and filled respective of the category.
Category ‘A’ – Form Cost Rs 300
Category ‘B’ – Form Cost Rs 500
Category ‘C’ – Form Cost Rs 200
Category ‘D’ – Form Cost Rs 500
Category ‘DS’ – Form Cost Rs 500
Category ‘KPTS’ – Form Cost Rs 500
Although being lifetime, membership has to be renewed every 5 years to keep record of the members with DHA Authority. Only a single membership is required to purchase multiple plots.
PLOT TRANSFER COST
Following cost will be applied for the transfer of DHA City Karachi (DCK) plots:
Buyer has to Pay:
Transfer Fees – PKR. 75/= per square yard for residential plots. Eg. 75 x 200 yards = PKR. 15,000/=
Capital Value Tax (CVT) – It will be calculated on PKR. 75/= per square yard for residential plots. CVT will be applicable on minimum 300 yards and bigger plots, not applicable on 200 yards. Eg. 75 x 300 yards = PKR. PKR. 22,500/=
Seller has to Pay:
Capital Gain Tax (CGT) – It will be calculated 1% for filer and 2% for non-filers of the official value. Applicable if transaction made within 2 years, from the date of purchase. Payment plans of different categories can be checked from the uploaded plans.
- Complete payment should be mentioned on Sale proceed / Agreement to Sell.
- Buyer should be present during the agreement.
- Documents should be signed in front of Transfer and Record Officer, DHA Karachi only after making sure of the authenticity of the demand draft / pay order.
- Offered price should be verified from the market before making the deal
- Time schedule and the mode of payment should be finalized before making the deal.
- Before finalizing the deal, Service charges/commission of property dealer should be decided.
- Checking market reputation of a dealer is always a good practice.
- CNIC and intimation letter is required to be in possession of the seller at the date / time of deal.
- Must cross the copies of Information / Intimation letter or transfer order and CNIC while handing over to the dealer.
- DO NOT accept / pay in multiple instances unless otherwise necessary.
- DO NOT sign any document presented to you by your property dealer before reading it thoroughly.
- DO NOT sign the final affidavit before finalizing the terms and conditions for the deal.
- Seller should not sign the bayana unless and until signed by the buyer.
- While assessing the market, DO NOT give your official plot number to anyone.
- DO NOT give your original transfer order to anyone but the Transfer officer.