Ground Breaking Of Pakistan’s Largest Private Sector Solar Initative – DCK Karachi
DHA City Karachi; as the first planned, sustainable and Green City of Pakistan, has launched its ‘energy smart’ initiative; a Solar Park pilot project. The pilot project will start producing uninterrupted electricity within the record period of one year and will contribute towards fulfilment of the electricity needs of the DCK would require all households to install solar panels for their domestic use,thus;minimizing the dependencies on external resources and ensuring DCK’s vision to be the truly first sustainable city of Pakistan. Followed by solar initiative, DCK is carrying out feasibility studies to explore wind and biomass as alternate renewable energy sources.
Salient Features Of The Project Include.
- This 1 MW Solar Farm will serve as a pilot project and its success will be followed by a utility level Solar Farm installation.
- Solar Tree like structures will be built that will efficiently utilize the parking lot space for a dual purpose i.e. providing shade or packed cars and also to generate energy
- Additionally available rooftops and ground spaces are also being used to generate energy and reduce carbon emission and carbon footprint.
- The installed capacity of this project will exceed 1MW,making it the largest private sector Solar Project of Pakistan to date.
- High efficiency PV modules (+300 W) are being used with Grid Connected Inverters.